Want to work with SilkStart? Let us know!
Come work with us.
SilkStart is a leading provider of association management software. We help trade, not-for profit, and multi-chapter associations of all sizes.
As a company we offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and plenty of time off. We want everyone to think and act like owners, so every employee is part of our stock option program meaning you are, in fact, a part owner.
We’re a hardworking, collaborative and results oriented team and we’re looking for fresh new talent to help us take our business to the next level. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in an open position or our company in general.
Our Core Values
We believe that if you obsess over the customer, all else will follow. We stand out through the ongoing support we provide our customers. See what they have to say.
Continuous improvement (Kaizen)
We seek to continually learn, develop and grow as individuals and as a company.
We work and play as a team. We value diversity knowing it creates a strong team.
Be the change you seek
We challenge the status quo, value calculated risk taking and constantly look for ways to action change. We believe we can do great things.
We recognize that employees have lives outside of work. We value work/life balance and will be as flexible as possible as a company.
Currently Available Positions
Role: Quality Assurance Developer (Test Automation)
Come work with us. SilkStart is a leading provider of association management software. We help trade, not-for profit, and multi-chapter associations of all sizes. As a company we offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and plenty of time off. We want everyone to think and act like owners, so every employee is part of our stock option program meaning you are, in fact, a part owner. We’re a hardworking, collaborative and results oriented team and we’re looking for new talent as we grow.
What you’re looking for: Want to work somewhere that offers a flexible work environment, appreciates your hard work, values your contribution, and allows you to learn, develop and grow while having fun and doing meaningful work? If so, SilkStart has the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
What We're Looking For
What we’re looking for: A smart, self-directed, results-oriented individual with a personality and a QA background who wants to take the lead in defining and then executing on a qa/test automation plan.
What You'll be Doing
- Taking the lead in helping define, develop and execute on a test automation plan.
- Ongoing QA Testing of new features and fixes before they go live.
- Extending the automated test suite to cover new features.
- First level Technical Support to our Customer Success team by investigating issues and bugs, diving deep to determine root cause, and where possible, resolving issues.
- Proactively identifying gaps and continuously working to improve the customer experience.
Smart. You don’t need a degree but you need to be smart. We’ll expect you to quickly learn a lot of new stuff. We’re also going to give you autonomy on important things and expect great work.
Great Attitude. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This is not a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team that all pitches in to get the job done.
Self-Directed. You’re independently driven and resourceful enough to figure things out and deliver results with minimal direction.
Hustle. You like a fast paced environment and possess a strong desire to just get things done.
Customer Obsessed. You always think about the customer and how your work impacts them.
Good Communicator. You’re comfortable communicating with both the business and tech team.
Desire to Learn and Grow. You’re a lifelong learner eager to take on new challenges and grow.
- Ability to write clean maintainable code.
- Experience with a variety of server side technologies/languages (we use Python, Pylons, Celery, NGINX to name a few), including some db knowledge (we use Mongo).
- Knowledge of software testing tools and best practices.
- A passion for testing and a strong desire to ensure end-to-end quality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal, or Bambora (Beanstream).
- An understanding of agile methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum.
- Experience/knowledge of continuous integration
- Experience with a UI test automation framework (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience with MongoDB