Want to work with SilkStart? Let us know!
Come work with us.
SilkStart is a leading provider of association management software. We help trade, not-for profit, and multi-chapter associations of all sizes.
As a company we offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and plenty of time off. We want everyone to think and act like owners, so every employee is part of our stock option program meaning you are, in fact, a part owner.
We’re a hardworking, collaborative and results oriented team and we’re looking for fresh new talent to help us take our business to the next level. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in an open position or our company in general.
Our Core Values
We believe that if you obsess over the customer, all else will follow. We stand out through the ongoing support we provide our customers. See what they have to say.
Continuous improvement (Kaizen)
We seek to continually learn, develop and grow as individuals and as a company.
We work and play as a team. We value diversity knowing it creates a strong team.
Be the change you seek
We challenge the status quo, value calculated risk taking and constantly look for ways to action change. We believe we can do great things.
We recognize that employees have lives outside of work. We value work/life balance and will be as flexible as possible as a company.
Currently Available Positions
Sales Development Representative
SilkStart (silkstart.com) is a small, rapidly growing start-up based in downtown Victoria, providing an all-in-one SaaS platform to help member-based associations manage their website, members, events and communications. SilkStart offers competitive salaries a flexible work environment, and employee equity (stock options), meaning you’re a part owner. What are you looking for? Want to work somewhere that appreciates hard work, values your contribution, and allows you to learn, develop your career and grow? If so, SilkStart has the job you’ve been seeking.
What We're Looking For
What we’re looking for: If you’re a smart, self-directed, highly driven, and results-oriented individual, we would love to hear from you.
What You'll be Doing
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for creating new qualified opportunities for our Sales team through outbound prospecting. You will become an expert in building outbound sales campaigns to fill our funnel and help us acquire customers faster.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building targeted customer acquisition lists through your own efforts, plus external services like ODesk and Upwork.
- Engaging with prospects through automated lead generation (email) tools, and phone. While your work will predominantly be through email, you will also be conducting warm calls and introductory research calls to prospects.
- Following up with customers to keep them engaged and moving through our sales funnel.
- Ensuring our SalesForce database is up to date with the latest information on our leads. This will include segmenting leads based on vertical and sales stage.
- Lead customer webinars and product demos to demonstrate product features and answer questions from prospects.
- Working with Marketing to ensure adequate support materials for lead generation activities including blog posts, ebooks, case studies, and more.
- Assisting in other sales activities and customer onboarding. Onboarding will grow over time and become an increasingly significant part of your role.
- Continually looking for ways to improve the overall sales process.
- Lots of Hustle. You like a fast paced, results oriented environment where the objective is very clear – deliver well qualified leads to sales.
- Self-Directed. Over time, how you generate leads will be increasingly up to you, so you independently manage time efficiently and effectively, knowing where to focus your efforts to ensure maximum results.
- Gets Things Done. You know how to stay organized, focus your efforts, and use technology to obtain maximum results – you’re great at just getting stuff done.
- Great Attitude. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This isn’t a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment.
- Customer Obsession. Through asking tough questions, listening, and framing discussions, you will help connect our product to solving specific customer pain points.
- Sales Aptitude: You are a confident and clear communicator through phone and email and have a great phone manner. While not required, you’re ideally interested in developing into a tech sales professional.
- Proven experience in a sales or sales development capacity.
- Experience with Salesforce Administration is also a plus.