Want to work with SilkStart? Let us know!
Come work with us.
SilkStart is a leading provider of association management software. We help trade, not-for profit, and multi-chapter associations of all sizes.
As a company we offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and plenty of time off. We want everyone to think and act like owners, so every employee is part of our stock option program meaning you are, in fact, a part owner.
We’re a hardworking, collaborative and results oriented team and we’re looking for fresh new talent to help us take our business to the next level. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in an open position or our company in general.
Our Core Values
We believe that if you obsess over the customer, all else will follow. We stand out through the ongoing support we provide our customers. See what they have to say.
Continuous improvement (Kaizen)
We seek to continually learn, develop and grow as individuals and as a company.
We work and play as a team. We value diversity knowing it creates a strong team.
Be the change you seek
We challenge the status quo, value calculated risk taking and constantly look for ways to action change. We believe we can do great things.
We recognize that employees have lives outside of work. We value work/life balance and will be as flexible as possible as a company.
Currently Available Positions
Customer Success Representative
SilkStart (silkstart.com) is a small, growing start-up based in downtown Victoria, BC providing an all-in-one SaaS platform to help member-based associations manage their online presence, members, events and communications. SilkStart offers a flexible work environment, competitive salaries and employee equity (stock options), meaning you’re a part owner. The Customer Success Representative is a role encompassing customer support, technical support, on-boarding and training. Working directly with clients, who are association administrators, you will provide support to help them get started and get the most out of SilkStart.
What you’re looking for? Do you want to work somewhere that appreciates your hard work, values your contribution, and allows you to learn, develop and grow? If so, SilkStart has the job you’ve been seeking.
What We're Looking For
Are you a smart, self-directed, results-oriented individual with a passion for going above and beyond to delight customers on a daily basis?
What You'll be Doing
What you’ll be doing:
First and foremost, you’ll be providing front line support to customers across North America. This will predominantly be through email, but also phone.
Investigate, document and diagnose issues as they come up, and where necessary you’ll enlist help from other members of the team to get things resolved. You’re driven to solve problems and resolve issues even when the answer isn’t easily available or a creative solution is required.
Develop Help content for customers including FAQ’s, ‘How-to’ tutorials, and webinars. You’ll also provide updates to customers about product improvements and best practises through a variety of channels (newsletter, automated emails, in-app notifications).
Help train and support new customers as they come on board.
Give customers a voice and advocate for their needs internally.
Continually look for ways to improve the customer experience, and engage clients when necessary to seek their input.
- Customer Obsession. You’re gifted at solving customer issues and making them feel important.
- Great Attitude. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This is not a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment.
- Strong Communicator. You’re a gifted communicator, both verbally and in writing. You possess strong emotional intelligence (EQ) and can handle all types of customer interactions.
- People Person. You have a friendly, outgoing personality and love working with customers. You also understand how to build and maintain relationships.
- Lots of Hustle. You like a fast paced, results oriented environment and possess a strong desire to just get things done. Seriously, you’re amazing at getting things done.
- Self-Directed. You can independently manage your time efficiently and effectively.
- Technical Aptitude. Ideally you have some experience working with customers in a technical environment. Some of the tools you will need to learn to use (ideally you’ve used some of these before): Salesforce, ZenDesk, Google Business Apps, Olark, Skype, GoToMeeting, Snagit, JIRA, Slack, Freshbooks.
Reach OutDoes this sound like you? If yes, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thanks for your interest in SilkStart!
Junior Developer (Tech Support / QA)
SilkStart (silkstart.com) is a small, growing startup that provides an all-in-one SaaS platform to help member-based associations manage their online presence, members, events and communications. This entry level role will provide the opportunity to contribute to many areas including requirements gathering, estimating, sprint planning, investigation, bug fixing, technical support, QA, documentation and development tasks and projects.
We’re leveraging the Get Youth Working Grant and therefore the following criteria also apply:
- Unemployed or underemployed (is working less than 20 hours per week), 15 to 29 years of age
- Not currently receiving or eligible for EI and have not received EI in the past 36 months or 60 months for a parental claim
- Not a full-time student, enrolled in high school/post-secondary or returning to school
- Not a participant in another Canada Job Fund ESS-funded program
- Resident of BC (living in BC as Canadian, a permanent resident or a protected person) and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Youth must be a new hire (ie has not worked for the employer previously)
What We're Looking For
A smart, self-directed, results-oriented individual with a passion for coding and full stack technology who is looking to learn and grow. The ideal candidate is seeking their first development role and wants to start from the ground floor. This is a 6 month contract position with the potential to turn into a permanent full-time role.
What You'll be Doing
- First level Technical Support to our Customer Success team by investigating issues and bugs, diving deep to determine root cause, and where possible, resolving issues.
- Ongoing QA Testing of new features and fixes before they go live.
- Develop testing and QA process and procedures.
- Extending the automated test suite to cover new features.
- Proactively identifying gaps and continuously working to improve the customer experience.
- Smart. You don’t need a degree but you need to be smart. We’ll expect you to quickly learn a lot of new stuff. We’re also going to give you autonomy on important things and expect great work.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This is not a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team that all pitches in to get the job done.
- Self-Directed. You’re independently driven and resourceful enough to figure things out and deliver results with minimal direction.
- Hustle. You like a fast paced, results oriented environment and possess a strong desire to just get things done.
- Customer Obsessed. You always think about the customer and how development impacts them.
- Good Communicator. You’re comfortable communicating with both the business and tech team.
- Desire to Learn and Grow. You’re looking to accelerate your career trajectory and grow your skills as a Developer.
- An understanding of agile methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum.
- Experience with CMS Design.
Ideal Technical Skills:
- Ability to write clean maintainable code.
- Experience with a variety of server side technologies/languages (we use Python, Pylons, Celery, NGINX to name a few), including some db knowledge (we use Mongo).
- Knowledge of payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal, or Beanstream.
- Experience with templating languages.