Want to work with SilkStart? Let us know!
Come work with us.
SilkStart is a leading provider of association management software. We help trade, not-for profit, and multi-chapter associations of all sizes.
As a company we offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and plenty of time off. We want everyone to think and act like owners, so every employee is part of our stock option program meaning you are, in fact, a part owner.
We’re a hardworking, collaborative and results oriented team and we’re looking for fresh new talent to help us take our business to the next level. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in an open position or our company in general.
Our Core Values
We believe that if you obsess over the customer, all else will follow. We stand out through the ongoing support we provide our customers. See what they have to say.
Continuous improvement (Kaizen)
We seek to continually learn, develop and grow as individuals and as a company.
We work and play as a team. We value diversity knowing it creates a strong team.
Be the change you seek
We challenge the status quo, value calculated risk taking and constantly look for ways to action change. We believe we can do great things.
We recognize that employees have lives outside of work. We value life balance and will be as flexible as possible as a company.
Currently Available Positions
This role encompasses a combination of account management, consulting, customer and technical support, and project management. It’s not required that you be technical, but it definitely helps.
What We're Looking For
The On-boarding Representative helps customers get up and running. New SilkStart customers need help navigating the setup options, integrating their new member tools with an existing website, or building a whole new site and launching to members.
What You'll be Doing
- Through a combination of phone, email, and screen sharing, you will onboard and train new customers, and help them become proficient in using our software. A typical onboard takes 6-8 weeks to complete and you will manage multiple onboards concurrently.
- Liaising between sales and development to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
- Leading customer webinars to demonstrate product features and answer questions.
- Project management – there are lots of moving parts to manage with website development, application configuration and data import, plus training the clients on how to use our software.
- Continually helping look for ways to improve the onboarding and overall client experience.
- Customer Obsession. You’re gifted at solving customer issues and making them feel important. You have a personality coupled with strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Great Attitude. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This isn’t a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment. Onboarding involves a lot of different tasks, and requires you to be creative, think on your feet, and find solutions to best meet client needs.
- Lots of Hustle. You like a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- Self-Directed. You can independently manage your time efficiently and effectively.
- Gets Things Done. Onboarding is about being organized and keeping things moving forward. You will have competing priorities, but you’re great at just getting stuff done.